This simple and quick Spinach Dal is healthy, wholesome, and packed with plenty of Protein and Fiber. It’s a complete comfort food, and is super easy to make!
- Doesn’t require any special preparation
- Requires only few basic ingredients & spices that are already a part of your pantry
- Could be made within 30 mins
- Is Gluten-free and can be Vegan too
So what’s the wait? Let’s get right into it!
1. Spinach: finely chopped 15–20 leaves
2. Split Green Gram skinless (dhuli moong dal): 3/4 cup
3. Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
4. Asafoetida: pinchful
5. Oil: 2 tablespoons
6. Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
7. Garlic chopped: 6–8 cloves
8. Ginger chopped: 1 inch piece
9. Green Chillies seeded and chopped: 2
10. Onion chopped: 1 medium
11. Salt: to taste
12. Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
1. Cook Moong Dal with half the turmeric powder and Asafoetida till soft. Heat oil (or ghee) in a pan.
2. Add Cumin seeds, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies and sauté for one minute.
3. Add Onion and continue to sauté till it gets light brown.
4. Add Spinach and sauté for half a minute. Add the remaining Turmeric powder and stir.
5. Add Dal and mix well.
6. Add one cup of water and salt, then stir. Add Lemon juice, mix and serve hot!
> Palak contains high amounts of Magnesium which helps increase Insulin sensitivity and thus, regulates Blood Sugar levels.
> High in Protein
> Rich in B Complex Vitamins
> Rich in Iron
> Contains High Amounts of Vitamin A
Per serving: 100–150 gm
- Calories: 130
- Protein: 5 gm
- Total fat: 6 gm
- Vitamin A: 9 %
- Vitamin C: 20%
- Calcium: 13%
- Dietary Fiber: 5 gm
- Iron: 8 %
That’s it! Simple, Healthy, Flavorful & Robust- do give this dish a try. Let me know how you guys like it! :)
Stay Healthy, Stay Fit, Stay Grateful, Stay Blessed ❤
*Copyrighted material of Dr. Rohini Somnath Patil
Follow me here: